Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mayday

It was an interesting May 1st about here. I think the old saying goes "April showers bring May flowers." Coincidentally we have had unseasonably warm weather the past few weeks allowing quite a crop flowers to pop up in the garden. Unfortunately we woke up to 3 or 4cm of snow this morning. Hope that it doesn't have too much effect on the blooms. I'm somewhat jealous of my friends back in Ontario who reached 23 or 24 degrees C today. Our 4 degrees C really pales in comparison.

My son has had some boys come home with him a few lunches and after school this week. They usually take refuge in our basement where there is a TV, PlayStation and small pool table. Three or four of them together down there really causes a flurry of excitement (and noise). I tried to ignore them when they passed my office headed to the back yard carrying two pairs of boxing gloves. Fortunately there was no blood on any of their clothes when they came back in. If any of you has a WIP that involves 14 year old boys, let me assure you that a group of them playing sounds exactly like a group of 14 year old girls. At one point there was so much shrieking and giggling coming from the basement that I had thought that they had ingest too much sugar and caffeine and were speaking in tongues.

Yet again I did not submit a #Fridayflash story. Instead, I assembled the Land's Edge research team to assist me in drinking Mai Tai's and eating Twinkies putting together information for my next posting. The team worked diligently for three days three hours to put together a top-notch story of a regular #Fridayflash contributor and long-time follower of this blog. The time dedicated to this story rivals that of my Kelley Armstrong interview from last November. I am pleased to announce the upcoming expose and roasting of Anton Gully. Please feel free to invite your friends and bring along popcorn and brewskis, but please leave your small children at home because this one will have a PG-13 rating, boys and girls.

10 comments:

Kat said...

Oh Brother. This should be interesting...

Cate Gardner said...

Ha, can't wait.

Paula RC said...

How very interesting! I hope you will be kind to him..., maybe, not too kind. lol

Laurita said...

Well, this one must be pencilled in on my calendar. Sounds like a hoot.

For the record, 14 year old girls playing around sounds much like elephants - loud, squealy trumpeting and lots of thumping around.

Kara McElhinny said...

Sounds like your Saturday was a hella one Alan. Glad you survived. :D (We didn't have snow but we got the rain...)

Can't wait for the roast.

happy writing.

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

I love the way you write stuff and then cross it out. Verrah funny.
And I'm looking forward to Anton's moment in the spotlight.

Alan W. Davidson said...

Kat- You know when you get the words 'Anton' and 'expose' in the same sentence, it's gonna be interesting...

Cate- I shall make you a wait for days in suspense [just kidding].

Jarmara- Nice sentiment. But no. I shall sit my kind, Canadian exterior aside for one special blot posting.

Laurita- Glad you will be in attendance. Thanks for the heads up regarding the 14 year old girls. Perhaps one day I shall be hearing boys and girls down in the basement [note to self, set up parental surveillance equipment...]

Hinny- Thanks. I don't like the rain either, but at least it doesn't need shovelled.

Cathy- That crossing out stuffs not intentional. I just make a lotta mistakes when I'm typing.

Laura Eno said...

I can't wait to read the roast... :)
Hopefully, your flowers will make it!

Katey said...

Bwahaha that should be entertaining. Also, kids are hilarious.

Fox Lee said...

April showers brings worms, which brings birds, which in turn violate my flower pots, as do the squirrels. That's nature for you.