Friday, July 3, 2009

Independence...and Seven Sins

I'll be out of touch the rest of today and tomorrow as we're off on a two hour drive to my parent's place for a visit (and to drop off our son for a few days). Whoo hoo! R & R...for us...

The seven sins posts (lying) were popular last weekend and the past few days. Got the creative juices flowing and a good laugh as well. There was one person that took the challenge to a new level and was very creative with the "game." Anton Gully at Urban Fantasy Experiment (whom I tagged) ran with the sins and posted, in serial format, a short story with his interpretation of the sins. It's gritty and a first draft but very creative. You can either link to his web site, opening the posts from June 29th to July 3rd, or hit each of the links below.

Pride, Envy, Gluttony, Lust, Anger, Greed, Sloth

Since I will be away tomorrow, I won't be able to offer greetings to my American friends. So I'll do it now...Happy Independence Day to all of you. Hope you have a great and relaxing week end. Set your stories aside for the day and spend time with the family.

To help celebrate, click on the attached link to a time lapse fireworks display in Louisville, Kentucky. The music is pretty funky too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVz6YUf1A6U

7 comments:

Helen Ginger said...

Sounds like you have a good weekend coming up. Enjoy every minute of it. I woke up feeling like it was Saturday. I'll probably be discombobulated all weekend now.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Alan W. Davidson said...

Thanks, Helen. We always have a good time 'round the bay (as they say here). My parents are retired and their place is on a hillside at the top of Conception Bay where it meets the Atlantic. Definately a view to kill for...I assume the Texans will celebrate the 4th in style. Ha! I haven't heard the word "discombobulated" in years.

Rebecca Nazar said...

I doubt the weather will break here, so thanks for the lovely fireworks display link. Have a great weekend. :-)

Aaron Polson said...

Cheers, Alan. Enjoy the R & R.

Anonymous said...

Alan, I keep telling you, there are no Anton Gully second drafts.

I INTEND to re-edit... but I don't feel qualified. If you asked me to edit my own work, I'd bin it all, and say try again. I reckon that once I feel comfortable with my first draft writing, I'll have a clue what to do to improve it. That's years away.

There's a big difference between doing something for fun and doing something you want the world to see. The world is vast and harsh and fickle. Here, we're all frickin' angels, by comparison.

Anonymous said...

I made the mistake of waking Twitter up. Much love to Helen. I've been watching her for a while now. That is one hard-working person.

I wanted to quote Russell Brand, "I am opposed to Independence Day.As an Englishman I think America ought accept that they made an awful mistake and apologise to Her Majesty."

Hey, US, this is your get-back-in clause...

Alan W. Davidson said...

Rebecca, Those of us on the Atlantic coast try not to let the weather control our lives...

Aaron, Thanks. We will, starting with the movies tonight (my wife has indicated that there's a Johny Depp movie out, I have no choice).

Anton, I don't think that the US will listen to your clause. Since I am Scottish by birth, I don't think that I'll be siding with her either.